Sunday, March 11, 2012

Raquel

I really don't know how to start this so I guess I'll just start from the beginning.
I was 10. 
Yes I know really young. 
But they helped brighten up my weeks. I actually discovered their videos by clicking on a related video to a Shane Dawson video.
But I really didn't depend on them until I was 13.
Let's just say in the month of October I have lost both my grandparents, my two dogs and my pet bunny that I was so close with. 
You're probably thinking "they're just animals." 
But they were much more... 
When I was in 7th grade I didn't have... Any friends, my sister wouldn't even talk to me.
So everyday when I got home... Just to see someone want to be around me made me happy.
Pathetic I know.
My grandparents... When they died just weeks after my pets death was an even bigger stab in the heart. I was really close to them too. It was expected that my grandma was going to die soon but still... You should know how it is to loose a loved one.
A month passed and I wasn't doing the best in school.
My parents started yelling at me and this made me happy.... Cuz they weren't yelling at each other for once.
In November... My mom filed for divorce.
Another stab.
But to make it even greater my mom... For what ever reason would take out her anger on me... So I was occasionally abused until I ran away from home in December.
December 3rd.
I went as far as to getting on the main highway until my neighbor driving her son back from kindergarten saw me and took me back home to where my mom wasn't happy.
My mom eventually stopped talking to me. 
December 6th. Me and my sisters birthday.
My mom ignored me.
While my sister was blowing out the birthday candles I was in my room, crying.
Things had gotten so bad with my dad that he sometimes wouldn't even come home.
Things had also gotten so bad with my mom the only time she talked to me is when I'd threaten suicide.
This eventually lead to therapy.
But weirdly I never cut... Most likely all these stories mention how they've cut themselves...but I hadn't.
Anyway a year has passed and we've ended up in October again... That horrible month.
I have yet to make any friends and my parents were fighting constantly.
October 13th... When I decided to check my subscription box on YouTube.
I watched a smosh video... "Smosh Snatchers" 
It was the first time... In a whole year I actually smiled. 
This of course led me to another video... And another video... And so on.
It was...Happy.
Sooner or later I went to school... Smiling.
Kristen. Kristen was the first friend I made at that school. 
I still remember that day. I was at my locker...
"Hey Raquel right?"
"Yeah. Whats your name?"
"Kristen. I was just wondering if you'd like to sit with us during lunch?"
"Yeah sure."
"okay cool! See you."
This of course led me to meeting her friends. And they all said they loved my "jokes" and how "funny" I was... But all I was doing was quoting smosh videos.
I eventually showed them smosh and Kristen said 
And I quote
"No wonder you like them so much"
~
This part really makes me happy....
My dad (December 18th) asked my mom out on a date.
Which lead to anther date.
Which lead to my mom canceling the divorce papers.
It's also the date my mom started really talking to me again.
I remember all these dates cuz they're very important to me.
Around January my mom brought a puppy and we named him "Rocky" he's a boxer and I think i'v shown him to everyone.
Every week I would log on and watch another Smosh video.
Ian's and Anthony's humor really helped me through a lot. 
They don't know me but I owe them so much.
Whenever I'm depressed I watch them and my face instantly lights up.
It was just this year I got a twitter... I have made so many smoshy friends on there that I'm even happier now.
I can never repay them for what they did for me. I guess all you need to make it in life is happiness. And who ever knew making me happy started with a click.

Thank you smosh, Ian. Anthony.
Truley thank you.

-Raquel

No comments:

Post a Comment