Friday, March 2, 2012

Amy

In 2010, I was diagnosed with depression, at the age of 11. Bad right?

I refused to take my pills, as I felt like they wouldn't help. I told my mother that I did, and she believed me. As I got worse, I lost all of my friends. At lunch and recess breaks, I'd sit in the Library by myself. I watched all the happy kids borrow books and laugh with their friends. This made me feel even worse. I really liked pokemon at the time, so I'd also sit at the computers in the Library and would look at pokemon pictures. As soon as I got home, I'd watch pokemon videos.

 One day I stumbled onto Smosh's Pokemon in real life video. I didn't think much of that video itself, but I checked out their channel. After watching some more of their videos, I felt a bit better. Bit by bit, I started become well again. I actually felt happy for the first time in ages. Six months later, I was no longer prescribed to the pills, and I didn't have depression any more.

No comments:

Post a Comment