Thursday, May 3, 2012

Myra

Hi, my name is Myra. I am thirteen. Let me start from the beginning:

I was abused my whole childhood. My dad abused us, I had a friend who threatened to murder me, and I was molested when I was three. I remember always running to my room crying. My dad would threaten to hurt me a lot. Sometimes he did hit me. Sometimes he would hit my mom. I remember sitting on my bed reading, trying to drown out the noise of them fighting, but it was impossible. When my brother was born, he had the same problems. He was loud, violent, and mean. My entire family was a mess. One thing I remember was when my parents fought one night, and I began to cry. My dad asked me what was wrong and I told him I was afraid he and my mom would get a divorce. He told me, and I quote, "No, of course not. Our love for each other is strong." A year later my mother took us out of the house and we moved in temporarily with her co-worker. Then the divorce. It was long and complicated, I had to change schools, and leave my friends behind. My brother only progressed in his violence. He would threaten me with knifes. He cut my mom with a pizza cutter. I had to lock myself in my room in fear of my life. When I started seventh grade, I began with no friends. I knew no one. I was so scared to see my dad somewhere that rarely did anything. I was twelve and barely even knew what YouTube was. Then I found out my dad was moving to Canada, cutting off all therapy, making it impossible to see him again. I went through a horrible phase of depression and was suicidal. It didn't help that my brother had to be taken to a mental institute three times. At the beginning of eight grade I had my group of friends. We were the weird ones. Then as we were depressed one day (my friend and I) my other friend showed us a video called "Charlie the drunk guinea pig". We were hooked. I hadn't laughed or felt so truly happy in years. Ever since, I have been eagerly awaiting videos by two amazing men, Ian and Anthony. I fell in immediate love. For the few minutes their videos lasted, it as happy. I could forget everything that ever happened to me. They've progressed do far from when I joined their family, and I'm proud to call myself a true Smosher. Ever since that day, I've been happy.

"You never know where life is going to take you, you never know where you're going to go, But you'll never be able to find out if you end it." ~ Shane Dawson

No comments:

Post a Comment