Thursday, May 3, 2012

Dahlia

Ian and Anthony, if you happen to be reading this, I want you to know that you guys are the reason I'm still alive today. If you hadn't been there when I scrolled down the Youtube homepage, I might still be depressed, still dead inside or dead on the outside. You make me feel like I can be myself and do anything. And coming from me, that's reeeeeally saying something. You make me laugh, cry, fangirl and sing along and repeat lines. You make me smile and feel like I'm worth something. Even though you guys are a comedy duo. You just make me feel amazing. Now, though this story may seem somewhat long, please read it. I'd like to know that you know I'm here in the millions of faces of fans you have. Pleeeeease just read on. It'll be worth it. Just know that I love you guys.

Smosh. One word that I use to describe my life. To me they aren't just two guys who oddball make videos and make me laugh. They are a philosophy. A way of life. They are a life changing experience of mine. They've created my second family which is an escape when I don't want to be with my real family cause they(my real family) don't get me like they(my smosher family) do. Smosh has given me the opportunity to be myself and not be afraid to show it. They've given me hope and happiness. I know them as people that are real, not just on my computer screen.

Let's go back in time to the year so long ago, no one remembers it: 2007.

I was a depresed child though I was only 9. I suffered anxiety and insecurities. My parents were facing financial troubles and such. I had to worry about stuff kids shouldn't have to worry about. I was living a horrified life. I always wanted to be noticed, but I was the kind of girl that was to quiet and shy to speak out or be loud. I kind of just agreed and went along with what everyone said. I tried going to psyciatrists and I couldn't connect with any of them. They all bored me and they just seemed like they were helping me to get paid. Which, of course, was the case with every one that I went to. I went to 3 different people. I trudged upstairs after a grueling hour long session. I was finally allowed to use Youtube. My parents wanted me to wait until I was 10 but they just let me. I hardley used it but I decided to numb my brain for the next twelve hours with boring cat videos. I checked the suggestions box. There was a long list: high cat, drunk cat, ninja cat, cat attacks watermelon, boxman, ca- whaaaaat? What's Boxman? I clicked to video and decided to watch it. I was laughing and enjoying myself. I began to watch the rest of the videos and I was smiling. I hadn't smiled without forcing it in a long time. I spent hours watching the videos and I was happier than ever. What were they called? Oh, Smosh. Cool name. I didn't speak of my love for the two funniest comedians I'd ever seen until eighth grade and it made me more social and helped me find people that I had a lot in common with. Not just cause they loved Smosh, but we had the same sense of humor and other kinds of stuff. It even opened up a world to other Youtubers and more friendships. Like my friend at school, Itzel. She's like a sister to me. I guess you can say that really DID change my life.

Ian. Anthony. You guys mean so much to me. Changing me from a depressed person to a very happy person means you really are something special. You guys matter to me more than a lot of things. You stopped me from being sad and stressed. You guys mean everything to me.

--Dahlia, A Truely Sincere Fan <3

No comments:

Post a Comment